Acai bowls are all the rage right now, from cafes to bars serving it as a post-meal dessert and even as a main. If you find yourself spending too much money on acai based desserts, we’re going to show you how you can easily make this antioxidant-rich and delicious acai bowl with just 8 ingredients easily found in your supermarket!
Blueberries and acai are natural partners in the world of superfoods. In addition to the long list of health benefits of blueberries, these fruits are also super sweet, low-calorie and delicious. Acai berries too, contain a significant proportion of powerful antioxidants known as anthocyanidins, proanthocyanidins and flavonoids. Its mild, nutty taste is the perfect compliment to the sweetness of blueberries.
Start by getting the blended acai base with your choice of plant-based milk and then by adding your favourite fruit toppings!
- Blended Acai Base
- 2 Bananas, frozen
- ½ Doki Blueberry puree or 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp unsweetened acai powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (80ml)
- 2 kiwis, sliced
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 pinch of raw cocoa nibs
- Slice frozen bananas into 1 inch pieces
- Add all ingredients for acai base and blend till smooth
- Pour into bowl and top it off with raw cacao nibs, sliced kiwis, strawberries and chia seeds
This low fat, naturally sweetened açaí berry bowl is perfect for getting your boost of antioxidants, add real frozen blueberries at the end for an even sweeter taste!
Check out the rest of these acai-based recipes too: